Monday, January 16, 2012

Cozy Kitchen

I no longer live in this house - we sorta move a lot - but I always loved this kitchen. Mostly because of the window seat I had built for a total of $40 in materials and I bartered the labor. I am a firm believer that anywhere there is a window in a nook, there can and should be a window seat.
What is more wonderful than having all the comforts of being inside (like AC in August and heating in January), but feeling like you're outside? This was my favorite place to read, check email, do puzzles, you name it. The cornflower blue table with turned legs gives it a cottage-y feel, as do the plates on the inner walls and the bubble curtain - Target's Simply Shabby Chic line for $16. I bought the foam and fabric for the cushions and pillows at Joann's when it was on sale and/or I had a coupon. The foam was the most expensive part, but altogether it cost about $75. Totally worth it for my favorite place EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment